If you are interested in applying for any of the positions listed below, please be sure to clearly and concisely communicate your qualifications and work experience on your electronic application. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you are the right candidate for the position by specifically addressing each of the core qualifications listed in the job posting. In order to be considered for the position, your application must specifically demonstrate that you satisfy each of the core requirements listed in the job posting.
For more than 180 years, Con Edison has been supplying energy that powers New York City, and parts of Westchester through our offerings of electric, gas, and steam services. This is an exciting time at Con Edison as we work to fortify the future of New York City by investing billions of dollars in new and improved equipment, storm protection, and cutting edge smart grid technology that helps improve the quality of life for millions of New Yorkers. Con Edison is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join our Compliance Management Operations team. The Compliance Specialist brings the following talent and required qualifications and experiences to the role in one of the following positions: For the Senior Compliance Specialist (2L): • A minimum of 4 years’ work experience including at least 2 years’ of project management experience For the Compliance Project Specialist (2H): • A minimum of 6 years’ work experience including at least 2 years’ of project management experience For both positions: • A Bachelor’s Degree is required (JD, Engineering or Business preferred) • 3 years of experience in the utility industry preferred • Experience with regulatory compliance and regulatory enforcement • Experience with quality management, quality assurance, auditing, quality control and process controls • Experience with drafting policies, procedures, and controls (compliance, audit or risk controls preferred) • Supervisory experience (preferably responsible for day to day operations) • Adept with technology and highly proficient with the Microsoft Suite of products. (GRC or other compliancy and controls-related software proficiency preferred). • Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and can develop relationships and effectively interact with employees throughout the company.
The Compliance Specialist will:
- Assist in developing the approach to ensure that the company is aware of applicable regulatory requirements
- Review and evaluate inventory of regulations and industry standards for completeness
- Facilitate communication between business units and Compliance Management
- Assist with compliance assessments of business units and corporate functions
- Ensure that control measures are in place to confirm that regulations are embedded in appropriate work functions
- Assist with documentation of current compliance processes and procedures within business units and corporate functions
- Work with team members to create, maintain and update compliance policies and procedures
- Interface and collaborate with business units responsible for compliance verification and document retention, including obtaining stakeholder input and review of initiatives
- Contribute to the advancement of Con Edison policies and procedures for regulatory and industry standard compliance requirements to establish a compliant company culture
- Promote best practice sharing between business units and across corporate functions, as appropriate • Work closely with the Technology group within Compliance Management, to develop and implement technology solutions to manage documentation of and compliance with regulations
- Obtain stakeholder input and review of initiatives when appropriate
- Assist in incorporating or managing changes necessary to ensure the enterprise technology solution will promote best practices and verbatim compliance as applicable
- Assist in preparing internal Company reports that measure and demonstrate compliance performance and provide feedback on areas for improvement.
- Participate in compliance committees, procedure development and training activities
job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and professional associations and publications
Position requires a valid driver’s license. Must be able and willing to travel throughout the assigned company service territories, which includes various locations. Occasional travel outside of the service territory may be required. Must be able to participate in the Company’s emergency management processes and storm plans as required.