For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
FERC Compliance Specialist (R17-615)
In this position, you will track development of new regulations at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and California Independent System Operator (CAISO) and coordinate PGE’s participation in rulemaking and stakeholder processes; communicate FERC and CAISO regulatory requirements to key PGE Operating Units and collaborate in their implementation; monitor corporate compliance with regulatory requirements.
Support our journey by:
- Evaluate impact of CAISO rules and FERC Orders, communicate evaluation to key Operating Units, and guide Operating Units in developing and implementing procedures needed for compliance
- Attend FERC and CAISO open meetings, technical conferences and regional workshops
- Develop subject matter expertise in specific areas of FERC and CAISO regulation and specific aspects of PGE’s operations
- Monitor FERC and CAISO proceedings related to compliance that might affect PGE business
- Assist in formulating regulatory strategies and informing business managers on regulatory development
- Compile and submit PGE’s Electric Quarterly Report to FERC using third-party software application
- Research issues and collect input and comments on FERC and CAISO proposed rulemakings from PGE business managers and coordinate an organized response to FERC
- Develop and provide training and consulting expertise to other Company departments on a variety of regulatory matters
- Support the Department’s role as Office of Record for formal communications made to FERC and CAISO
Bring the following skills to our team:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge and skill in compliance or regulatory oversight. Able to perform tasks in these areas with moderate independence.
- Familiarity with the operation of the bulk electric grid and the electricity markets, including transmission, generation, and federal tariffs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Skilled at communicating information to other departments at meetings, writing reports with minimal supervision, and clearly and concisely stating PGE’s position on regulatory matters.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Comprehensive knowledge and skills to analyze complex problems to determine solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with or knowledge of FERC practice and procedure preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare organized, succinct and persuasive regulatory filings preferred.
The successful candidate will typically have 8 or more years of applicable experience or a degree plus 3 years of applicable experience.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the employment application by the deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.