Smith & Nephew is a diversified advanced medical technology business that supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries to improve the quality of life for their patients.
We have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma:
- Orthopedics Reconstruction - joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management - wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine - minimally invasive surgery of the joint
Trauma & Extremities - products that help repair broken bones
We have over 15,000 employees around the world. Annual sales in 2016 were more than $4.6 billion. We are a constituent of the UK's FTSE100.
The Senior Compliance Specialist / Compliance Manager supports the US Compliance Director, Wound Management in implementing and maintaining the Company's Global Compliance Program within the U.S. Wound Management Commercial business, and as requested, the U.S. Advanced Surgical Devices Division.
This role is primarily focused on compliance monitoring, and auditing and investigations, and may also include activities to support the development and deployment of compliance training and other compliance presentations (such as Compliance Committee meetings), assessing business risks and controls, and design and implementation of corrective actions, as described below.
- Conduct field monitoring, data reviews and audits of key compliance risk areas, in accordance with the US monitoring program. Draft reports and identify corrective actions, assisting with implementation as necessary.
- Conduct investigations of alleged misconduct. Draft reports and identify corrective actions, assisting with implementation as necessary.
- Assist in implementation of compliance related policies and procedures, including development and implementation of compliance guidance and training materials.
- Provide advice and support to Sales, Marketing, Professional Education and other key business stakeholders related to healthcare industry compliance and Company policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Support the Aggregate Spend Team in completing relevant state transparency reports and other state-driven compliance requirements, primarily for the US AWM business.
- Manage and execute the third-party vendor compliance due diligence process for sellers and non-sellers.
- Support the annual Needs Assessment process.
- Manage US employee compliance with training requirements (e.g. late training, new manager onboarding training, annual compliance training, etc.).
- Conduct ad-hoc reviews and special projects at the direction of the US Compliance Director, Wound Management.
Domestic up to 25%.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
3 - 4 years of healthcare compliance experience or related experience in the healthcare industry (pharmaceutical and / or medical device).
- Demonstrated high level of competence in practically applying current ethical statutes, healthcare industry laws, policies and codes, and corporate policies as they relate to sales and marketing practices and interactions with healthcare professionals.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen to make sound decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to explain and enforce rules, processes, and regulations.
- High level of problem solving and ability to moderate agreement among conflicting positions.
- Excellent professional technical writing, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- High level of professional discretion and diplomacy; able to strictly maintain confidential information.
- Good negotiation, facilitation and persuasion skills and experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Smith and Nephew is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.