Defense Industry Benchmark (DIB)
For the third time since 2005, the Defense Industry Initiative (DII) is sponsoring a Defense Industry Benchmarking (DIB) initiative among its Signatory companies. The project will be administered by the Ethics Resource Center (ERC). The DIB provides participating companies the opportunity to conduct an employee survey using ERC’s metrics, in order to better understand the impact of ethics and compliance programs, measure ethical culture strength, and compare against peer organizations.
Improved results! ERC’s metrics have helped Signatories to identify program priorities, and over time
past DIB participants have shown progress with their ethics programs. For example:
- Since 2005, many participating DIB companies have reported a 50% reduction in employees who feel pressure to engage in misconduct.
- Many DIB participant companies saw a 9% increase in employee awareness of their ethics and compliance programs, from 90% in 2005 to nearly full saturation in 2010.
Compliance with Federal Sentencing Guidelines. ERC metrics allow organizations to demonstrate their efforts to assess their program through “periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of a company’s ethics and compliance program”
Anonymous comparison to peers. DII members can measure their results against those from companies in their industry:
- Other DII Signatories
- U.S. Workforce – Results from the Ethics Resource Center’s 2011 National Business Ethics Survey® (NBES®)
- Employees in Fortune 500® Organizations
Each participant will receive an individual report containing detailed analysis of its survey results with comparisons to DII and the NBES. ERC will also provide breakdowns of the survey data by business unit, department, function, or other business group
ERC will analyze each company’s results and offer conclusions and recommendations for improving program effectiveness and
ERC is offering three options for participation in 2013.
- Full question set w/ERC implementation ~75 questions: $32,000*
- Reduced question set w/ERC implementation ~ 30 questions: $18,000
- Full question set only w/company implementation ~ERC provides standards for administration: $10,000
Note: Full implementation means ERC will host the online survey, collect data, and provide a report of findings. Company implementation means ERC licenses the question set to a company but the company manages the hosting and collection of data.
If You Are Interested in Participating or For More Information Please Contact:
ERC now offers federal agencies GSA contracts, contact us for more information.
If You Are Interested in Participating Please Contact Us For More Information:
Participating companies have the opportunity to conduct an employee survey using ERC’s metrics in order to better understand the impact of ethics and compliance programs, measure ethical culture strength, and compare against peer organizations.
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to receive periodic updates from ERC. Join our email list.
ERC President Pat Harned launches new blog; she welcomes discussion on ethics issues facing American workers and executives. Check out the blog!
Connect with ERC