Amendments to the False Claims Act Webcast
Amendments to the False Claims Act: A Special Webcast by ERC
July 7, 2009
The Civil False Claims Act is the government's principal tool to combat fraud against the Treasury. On May 20, 2009, the Act was amended to expand liability and encourage qui tam lawsuits brought by whistleblowers. Listen to our panel of experts, who will provide a briefing on what this means for your organization's ethics and compliance programs.
- What new areas are covered by the expanded liability provisions of the Act?
- What are the Act's new anti-retaliation provisions?
- How do they dovetail with other whistleblower protections?
- What information can the government seek using the Act's Civil Investigative Demands, and how can information be shared with whistleblowers?
- What effect will the Amendments' revised "reverse false claim" and "overpayment" provisions have on your compliance program?
- Which aspects of the Amendments will apply retroactively?
- Jeb White, President, Taxpayers Against Fraud, who testified before the House concerning the Amendments.
- Peter Hutt, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, an expert on False Claims Act defense who also testified concerning the Amendments.
- Robert Rhoad, Partner, Crowell & Moring, an expert in False Claims Act defense and lead defense counsel in several recent high-profile False Claims Act cases, including Custer Battles.
- Tony R. Maida, Deputy Chief, Administrative and Civil Remedies Branch, Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
ERC now offers federal agencies GSA contracts, contact us for more information.
If You Are Interested in Participating Please Contact Us For More Information:
Participating companies have the opportunity to conduct an employee survey using ERC’s metrics in order to better understand the impact of ethics and compliance programs, measure ethical culture strength, and compare against peer organizations.
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to receive periodic updates from ERC. Join our email list.
ERC President Pat Harned launches new blog; she welcomes discussion on ethics issues facing American workers and executives. Check out the blog!
Connect with ERC
ERC's Benchmarking Services
ERC's team can help you design and administer an ethics survey to fit your organization.