Inside The Whistleblower Experience
Date Recorded: December 8, 2008
NGES 2007: Measuring and Reducing Ethics Risk
Date Recorded: July 28, 2008
Run Time: 19 min 11 sec
Using Data to Shape Ethics Programs, Enchance Culture and Improve Results
Date Recorded: July 24, 2008
Run Time: 34 min 9 sec
Power of Ethics & Compliance Programs: How Well-Implemented Programs Drive Strong Ethical Culture
Date Recorded: July 10, 2008
Run Time: 34 min 30 sec
Summary: Do ethics and compliance programs really make a difference? Let us show you the evidence. ERC researchers quantitatively make the case for investing resources into your ethics and compliance program and present a model proving the value of a well-implemented program.
Organizational Culture and Ethical Culture Defined
Date Recorded: July 15, 2008
Run Time: 34 min 40 sec
Summary: Ethical culture has become a buzzword, but confusion remains. During this session, we'll answer the questions you've all been asking: What is "ethical culture"? How is it shaped? And how can it be improved?
Research Primer: An ERC Fellows Special Topics Webcast
Date Recorded: June 27, 2008
Run Time: 53 min 4 sec
Summary: How can you tell the difference between good and bad research? Find out by listening to this informative presentation from ERC Academic Fellow Dr. Matt Gilley of St. Mary's University.
Ethics Metrics: What to Measure & How to Measure Effectively
Date Recorded: June 26, 2008
Run Time: 25 min 2 sec
Summary: What's worth measuring and what isn't? How can you effectively assess? Learn the answers to these questions and more in this review of best practices in ethics measurement.
Nonprofit Ethics: Who Is/Should Be in Charge?
Date Recorded: May 30, 2008
Run Time: 28 min 41 sec
Summary: Governance matters -- especially in nonprofit organizations. This webcast explores the impact of top management and boards of directors on the ethical environment in nonprofit workplaces. During this session, we look at how management cultures are assessed within the ethical environment and explore the impact of top management ethical culture measures on key program targets.
What to Do About Decline in Nonprofit Ethics
Date Recorded: May 30, 2008
Run Time: 20 min 23 sec
Summary: Nonprofits are losing ground in the battle to control misconduct, encourage reporting of misconduct and make sure employees are comfortable with the ethical environment. This webcast will examine these trends in greater detail and provide information about what can be done to get back on course.
Ethics in Nonprofits: What to Do to Make Things Better
Date Recorded: May 22, 2008
Run Time: 28 min 4 sec
NBES 2007: Measuring & Reducing Ethics Risk
Date Recorded: May 15, 2008
Run Time: 13 min 34 sec
Summary: In this high-level look at the Ethics Resource Center's 2007 National Business Ethics Survey, ERC researchers examine the concept of ethics risk and ways to reduce the ethics risk companies face. During this session, we
- Define ethics risk,
- Explore overall and specific kinds of ethics risk,
- Present strategies to reduce ethics risk, and
- Demonstrate the role of ethical culture and the role of ethics and compliance programs in reducing ethics risk
Why Local Governments are at Risk of Losing Public Trust
Date Recorded: April 24, 2008
Run Time: 44 min 17 sec
Summary: During this session, ERC researchers:
- Examine key outcomes by important demographics within local governments (e.g., management level, work type, etc.) and highlight employee groups that are particularly vulnerable
- Present facets of agency-wide approach to ethical culture and demonstrate impact of such approach on key outcomes
- Discuss ethical culture-building strategies
- Present characteristics of well-implemented ethics and compliance program and impact on key outcomes
- Discuss strategies for assessing quality of program implementation
NNES 2007 Overview
Date Recorded: April 9, 2008
Run Time: 27 min 10 sec
Summary: Get the highlights straight from the NNES research team. This high-level overview of the 2007 NNES findings includes information on key findings and methodology and addresses the study's implications for U.S. nonprofit organizations of all types and sizes. Includes an audience question period.
NBES 2007 Profile of a Healthy Company
Date Recorded: April 3, 2008
Run Time: 22 min 30 sec
Summary: In a nutshell, a healthy organization is one that has a well-implemented ethics/compliance program which in turn drives the strength of the ethical culture. The combination of these two forces greatly reduces a company's ethics risk. During this 30 min. session, ERC researchers:
- Explain the characteristics of a healthy organization
- Demonstrate the relationship between program goals and outcomes
- Examine how the average US company compares to the ideal
Measuring Ethical Culture
Date Recorded: June 1, 2006
Run Time: 1 hr 19 min 21 sec
The Impact of Leadership on Ethical Culture
Date Recorded: May 18, 2006
Run Time: 32 min 10 sec
Summary: This webcast examines how the leadership of an organization impacts organizational culture. During this 90 min session, ERC researchers address several questions:
- What is the impact of various leadership styles on culture?
- How do punishment and reward systems impact culture?
- How does a leader's management of a crisis or transition impact culture?
- How do management decisions about budgets and fiscal matters impact culture?
- How does a focus on shared purpose and values impact culture?
- How does a leader involve employees in culture change?
- Does an effective ethics program impact culture—why and why not?
ERC now offers federal agencies GSA contracts, contact us for more information.
If You Are Interested in Participating Please Contact Us For More Information:
Participating companies have the opportunity to conduct an employee survey using ERC’s metrics in order to better understand the impact of ethics and compliance programs, measure ethical culture strength, and compare against peer organizations.
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to receive periodic updates from ERC. Join our email list.
ERC President Pat Harned launches new blog; she welcomes discussion on ethics issues facing American workers and executives. Check out the blog!
Connect with ERC
ERC's Benchmarking Services
ERC's team can help you design and administer an ethics survey to fit your organization.