AECOM is an $18.5 billion dollar, fully integrated professional and technical services firm that designs, builds, finances and operates infrastructure assets in more than 150 countries around the world, serving both public- and private-sector clients. This Fortune 156 company is a leader in all of the key markets that they serve — including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government — and provide a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of their clients’ projects.
AECOM became the largest and top rated design firm globally with their acquisition of URS Corporation in 2014 and have designed some of the most iconic structures in the world such as: the new World Trade Center, the Barclay’s Center, Olympic parks in London and Rio de Janeiro, the Shanghai International Financial Center and countless company headquarters. They were also recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company in 2015.
The Senior Ethics and Compliance (“E&C”) Counsel is responsible for the following E&C areas of responsibility: anti-corruption policy and procedure, third party due diligence, gifts and entertainment, international trade compliance (including sanctions, anti-boycott, and export control), and investigations. In this position, the E& C counsel will collaborate with the legal department, other functional areas such as Internal Audit, Finance and Accounting, HR, and AECOM’s business units. This position reports to AECOM’s Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer (CECO) and will be based at our AECOM office in Arlington, VA.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of AECOM’s compliance program and E&C Department in close coordination with CECO
• Evaluate prospective Third Parties for corruption risk
- Coordinate E&C staff activities (training, investigations, third party due diligence, sanctions, and anti-boycott)
• Monitor and update E&C training needs across the enterprise
- Develop and deliver in-person training on anti-corruption and international trade compliance
- Update as necessary existing anti-corruption and international trade compliance policies, procedures, and tools
- Be a business partner to the Operations especially in advising on sanctions related issues
- Keep abreast of trends, best practices, and changes in the compliance area,
- Liaise and collaborate across functional and operational areas of the enterprise
- Refine and conduct E&C risk assessment
- Manage the investigation process including ensuring accurate implementation of the investigation process, manage investigations, conduct investigations when appropriate, and report/brief on investigation results as required
- Collaborate with Operations on disclosures, both mandatory and voluntary
- Draft E&C communications and distribute in coordination with Communications Departments enterprise-wide
- Advise Operations and HR on conflict of interest and organizational conflict of interest issues as necessary
- Develop and implements global E&C initiatives that foster a culture of compliance at all business levels of the company
- Assist with compliance function strategic planning including development of budgets, hiring, structure and coordination
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- JD from accredited U.S. law school
- Member in good standing of any State bar
- 6-10 years of experience in anti-corruption (FCPA, UKBA, and other anti-corruption laws) and investigations
- 4-6 years of experience in international trade compliance (sanctions, export control, and anti-boycott)
- In-house international experience
- Requires 25-35% travel, both domestically and internationally
- Local candidates preferred
- Law firm experience preferred
- Experience working with all levels of a business including senior management
- FAR/DFAR government contracts compliance experience, primarily as it relates to mandatory disclosures
An attractive compensation package commensurate with the significant responsibility and importance of this position will be offered to the successful candidate.