For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Generation Compliance Analyst III (R17-548)
Lead the Compliance & Cyber Security Team effort to achieve and maintain Generator Owner and Generator Operator (GO/GOP) compliance with all applicable North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) Reliability Standards as part of the PGE FERC Compliance Program. Act as the generation resource and lead for all CIP & Operations & Planning NERC and WECC regulations, consult with internal business departments, attend regional and national compliance forums with other utilities and regulators.
You will support our journey by:
- Lead the NERC and WECC reliability standards coordinated implementation of the PGE Generation compliance program. As Project lead:
- Perform a leadership and coordination role with the Requirement Standard Owners to develop the Company’s auditable compliance approach and documentation
- Effectively utilize project management principles to coordinate the work of: team members, monitor adherence to compliance schedules and deadlines, and oversee day-to-day compliance activities
- Coordinate and perform generation internal reviews and compliance assessments with Mandatory Reliability Standards.
- Make presentations to internal stakeholders on generation compliance with NERC and WECC regulations
- Ensure PSES management is informed about: possible violations, compliance projects, resource constraints, and overall compliance program metrics
- Perform required research and analysis regarding the development, applicability and implementation of NERC and WECC Reliability Standards. Work closely with business department Standard Owners, contributors, Legal staff, regional peers and regulators
- Contribute to PGE’s processes to demonstrate compliance and respond to enforcement actions, including self-reports, self-certifications, and NERC and WECC audits
- Maintain each version of the NERC Reliability Standards and Company Generation compliance documentation to demonstrate compliance with auditable documented procedures
- Support the Company’s overall compliance with NERC and WECC regulations through networking and benchmarking efforts
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Typically 7 years of applicable technical experience or a degree plus 5 years of applicable technical experience. Thorough knowledge and skill in compliance or regulatory oversight. Able to perform tasks in these areas with independence as well as leading others in their performance as necessary
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FERC Policy Statements on Enforcement and Compliance, NERC Rules of Procedure, WECC Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program, and other governing documents.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Highly skilled at communicating information at meetings and the ability to make impromptu speeches or presentations on behalf of the department/project as situations arise. Excellent writing skills are required.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving leadership skills. Comprehensive knowledge and skills to analyze complex problems to determine and execute solutions.
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, PowerPoint, MS Access, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R17-548. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.