Villanova University seeks an outstanding individual with exceptional strategic, business, and interpersonal capabilities to join the university as the inaugural Chief Internal Auditor (CIA). Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the CIA provides strategic audit and risk assessment across the university while building and leading Villanova's first in-house internal audit function. The CIA will also have reporting relationships to the President and Board of Trustees and serve as an advisor and resource to the university's senior leadership team. The ideal candidate assists the university in accomplishing its goals and objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined, and data-driven approach to audit and risk, as well as governance processes.
The successful candidate will be innovative, proactive, and collaborative with excellent strategic, leadership, and team-building skills. S/he will have demonstrated success and relevant experience at large complex organizations. Candidates should also have:
- Proven leadership success in organizations of comparable complexity and an interest to work in a major research university;
- Solid technical skills and knowledge in the areas of finance, accounting, financial reporting, and auditing;
- Experience related to enterprise risk management and compliance programs;
- Ability to provide guidance in the development of fiscal policies, procedures, programs, and systems in a complex environment;
- Distinct appreciation for the mission, traditions, and culture of the university;
- A strong and confident listener and communicator who brings a calm presence, establishes credibility with many and varied constituencies, builds consensus and engenders trust in ambiguous situations based on integrity, critical thinking, and excellent interpersonal skills;
- A manager who mentors and leads by example;
- Background in higher education, sponsored research and/or health care is preferred; and
- A CPA certification and advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.