The Carol R. Marshall Award
In January 2010 the ERC established an award to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of a business executive in the ethics and compliance field. The award is funded by the Northrop Grumman Corporation and honors the late Carol R. Marshall, ERC’s former Fellows Program Chair and member of the ERC board of directors. Carol was known for her innovative approach to implementing an ethics and compliance program and for many hours of dedicated service to nonprofit organizations in the industry. ECI wishes to commemorate her accomplishments by recognizing the achievements of those who follow in her footsteps.
The Marshall Award will be given annually to an individual who:
- Serves (or who has served) as Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer or the equivalent in a business or government organization and is currently employed within that organization.
- Demonstrates (or has demonstrated) innovation in:
- Establishing an ethics and compliance program;
- Building on an existing program; and/or
- Advancing the ethics and compliance field.
- Provides a role model for emerging leaders in ethics and compliance.
The award will be presented at an ECI event in 2019. Following the presentation of the award, a media release will be distributed.
2018 Melissa Stapleton Barnes, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management and Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
2017 Carrie Penman, Chief Compliance Officer & Senior VP, Advisory Services, NAVEX Global
2016 Raphael Richmond, Global Director of Compliance, Ford Motor Company
2015 Emmanuel Lulin, Senior Vice-President and Chief Ethics Officer, L’Oréal
2014 Nancy Higgins, Vice President & Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Bechtel Corporation
2013 John Lenzi, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility & Chief Ethics Officer, ITT Corporation
2012 Kathleen Edmond, Chief Ethics Officer, Best Buy
2011 Patricia Ellis, Vice President, Business Ethics & Compliance, Raytheon Company
We are grateful to Northrop Grumman for their longtime support of this award.