Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Based in New York, the VP Compliance Officer reports to a Director/Ethics Officer and ultimately to Citi's Chief Ethics Officer within Citi's Global Ethics Office. Ethics Officers within Global Compliance interface with global businesses and regions and are responsible for the case management process.
This position will be responsible for assisting with the handling of Ethics Office matters for the North America (NAM) Consumer businesses.
- Assist with the review and assignment of U.S. Consumer matters referred to the Ethics Office to appropriate Ethics Liaisons
- Assist in the coordination of timely investigation and effective management of U.S. Consumer matters referred to the Ethics Office, including active monitoring and follow up with Ethics Liaisons and others performing ethics-related investigations in U.S. Consumer
- Provide direction and guidance to Ethics Liaisons and others performing ethics-related investigations in NAM Consumer
- If needed, take active role in investigation, resolution and follow up of matters
- Identify and report trends, significant matters and compliance issues to senior management
- Develop charts / analysis to highlight trends, correlations and key issues
- Assist in preparation of reports and metrics for distribution to business committees, senior management, auditors and regulators
- Prepare materials for presentations as part of employee engagement programs
- Assist with other Ethics Office initiatives as needed.
We are seeking a qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3 years of litigation, prosecutorial, investigations or regulatory experience, including familiarity with the financial services industry and products, and a strong understanding and familiarity with a global, corporate environment. The successful candidate will have outstanding writing and analytical skills, sound judgment, discretion, and an understanding of business processes. Familiarity with the United States Sentencing Guidelines, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and related best practices is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage high volume case load in a fast paced environment
- Work ethically and with integrity
- Ensure that all matters are handled with fairness to involved stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility and trust throughout organization
- Analyze new matters, recognize risks and apply sound judgment
- Respond quickly and appropriately to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and create reports
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Highly organized
- Discretion and ability to protect confidential information
- Develop charts and analysis to highlight trends, correlations and key issues
- Technologically proficient with PowerPoint and Excel