The Manager, Ethics & Compliance, North America Business is responsible for supporting the North America Business functions as follows:
- Business advisor related to wholesale trading transactions and supporting the Compliance Control & Monitoring Program, which includes transaction surveillance, investigations, compliance testing, and the coordination of the Compliance risk assessment process;
- Collaborating with the Centrica Group Ethics & Compliance team;
- Interpreting regulatory directives from various regulators with a focus on those impacting energy wholesale trading; and
- Implementing the Centrica Group Level compliance program and its implementation in North America (NA) as it applies to North America Business.
The job holder will be required to manage a varied work load. Key areas within North America Ethics and Compliance (E&C) will include:
- Understanding and interpreting regulatory directives from state, provincial and federal energy and corporate regulations and regulators, with a focus on Dodd Frank, FERC, CFTC, ISOs, State PUCs, and State consumer and retail regulators (“Regulations”);
- educating on, leading the development of and implementation of business policies, processes and performance standards, while working with NAB and other functions, for auditable compliance with Regulations;
- providing advice to the wholesale trading group within Direct Energy North America Business organization (NAB) regarding compliance with energy and licensing regulation requirements and compliance controls and documentation;
- monitoring energy Regulation compliance and reporting status and/or process changes required to senior management
- Expertise with wholesale trading and the applicable Regulations
- Knowledge of power and gas trading transactions
- Experience with ethics and compliance organizations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong credibility, reputation and ethical track record
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong creativity and boundless thought processes to consider all options is a plus.
- working with the Wholesale Transaction Surveillance Manager with NAB Control & Monitoring programs related to power and gas transactions, which includes transaction surveillance, compliance testing, and the coordination of the E&C risk assessment process;
- assess and address the legal, regulatory and reputational risks of the company in coordination with other functional groups such as Legal and Group E&C; and
- reporting in a timely manner on ethics and compliance activity to provide assurance to the Centrica North America management and E&C team that the Ethics & Compliance program is in place, well understood and respected by all employees, and that the company is complying with all regulatory requirements.