The Ethics & Compliance Associate has primary responsibility for providing oversight of the Enterprise Case Management System (ECMS), including tracking all cases and providing relevant data to parties who have a legitimate need to know, and providing an unbiased and confidential approach to cases and non-case-level issues and enforcement of SAIC’s zero tolerance for retaliation. The Ethics & Compliance Associate is also responsible for evaluating outside activity requests for potential conflicts of interest, monitoring the activities of the Ethics Network, and maintaining SAIC’s internal website on behalf of the Ethics function. In addition, the Ethics & Compliance Associate may be asked to assist with any of the projects or responsibilities performed by the Ethics Office.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing the ECMS and performing quality assurance checks, ensuring timely and accurate accounting of the case investigation process
- Assisting with internal investigations upon completion of SAIC’s internal investigative training program
- Documenting, reviewing, and distributing contacts and concerns reported through various Ethics reporting channels
- Coordinating metrics preparation and analysis with Human Resources, Internal Audit, Legal, and Security and preparing it for quarterly review by SAIC leadership and Board of Directors.
- Providing ECMS case data and trend information to SAIC’s external and internal requestors as directed
- Analyzing case data and trend information for internal use in training, communication, and strategic decisions
- Preparing presentations for other meetings at the request of the Chief Ethics Officer and advising senior leadership as required
- Working with subject matter experts to evaluate outside activity requests for potential conflicts of interest
- Maintaining SAIC’s Ethics site ensuring information is up-to-date and relevant
- Responding timely to ad hoc inquiry requests and coordinating responses provided by internal Subject Matter Experts
- Assisting in executing the biennial employee ethics survey, analyzing the data, and developing approaches to communicating and acting on the results
- Training ECMS users on how to manage cases in SAIC’s database
- Assisting in developing and implementing ethics training
- Assisting in the organization and facilitation of ethics focus groups
- Supporting the Ethics Team in preparation of ethics communications internal and external to the corporation.
- Assisting in other Ethics and Compliance initiatives as assigned
- Strong analytical skills
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to gain the cooperation of others
- Must be comfortable consulting or receiving concerns with employees company-wide to ensure objectivity and timely response while operating in a confidential environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in Ethics, Internal Audit, Finance, HR, Legal, Compliance or comparable business.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in government contracting environment
- Experience in conducting internal investigations