Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design, develop and direct the organization’s ethics and business conduct function. He/she will provide leadership, oversight, and expert advice to ensure appropriate development, interpretation, and implementation of ethics strategies, policies and programs including managing programs to promote transparency and trust including conflicts of interest and financial disclosure. In partnership with business units, he/she will establish and oversee the execution of a regular, comprehensive ethics training program.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead all strategic initiatives and program activities relating to the code of conduct and related ethics policies and procedures for employees, contractors and other stakeholders. Manage conflicts of interest case reporting and analysis including applying consistent methodologies and remediation techniques.
- Provide substantive input into the development and implementation of systemic mechanisms to identify and manage conflict of interest risks. Conduct research on ethics issues, themes, and cases and develop substantive responses to identify and resolve issues promptly, discreetly, and consistently.
- Regular communication and training so that recognition of the code and adherence to its key principles are broadened and deepened over time. Track ethical themes and trends throughout the company and industry and implement periodic changes to the code, related policies, communication and training as needed.
- Partner with the business units to provide related subject matter expertise, advice and guidance.
- Oversee the FM Ethics program and the company’s intake function for compliance and ethics questions and concerns. Promote the ethics program, both inside and outside the company.
- Work collaboratively with other functions to resolve matters raised.
- Consistently demonstrate transparency of personnel actions and foster an organization that will not tolerate any impropriety.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Juris Doctorate degree is preferred for this role.
- Extensive knowledge on the standards of ethical conduct and programs applicable for financial institutions and other large corporations.
- Detailed understanding of current ethical themes and trends pertaining to financial institutions.
- Experience in the development and implementation of ethics policies and Codes of Conduct.
- Familiarity with the setup and regulation of the mortgage market in the United States and the charter and requirements of the government sponsored entities.
- Viewed internally and externally as a subject matter expert in ethics and conflicts of interest matters.
- Working knowledge of the compliance discipline.
- Excellent writing and inter-personal communication skills with the ability to present to and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Ability to build and manage effective teams, including developing and mentoring team members.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to build trusting relationships throughout the firm and interact with all levels of management.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.