· Establish, oversee and maintain the company’s Quality Center of Excellence (QCOE). Align with key stakeholders to decide the key activities required, prioritized level of effort, technology activities and resources required.
· Formulate short, mid and long-term plans for the implementation of the QCOE. Develop the strategy and tactics that will provide thought leadership and direction, establish and promote best practices, initiate research and development, provide appropriate support and education.
· Optimize the QCOE by centralizing resources with high-demand and unique knowledge or skills and streamlining their contributions across the enterprise.
· Coordinate the quality community to develop, build, or enhance controls/policies/procedures to manage risks and support Integrated Risk Management.
· Collaborate with the business units quality management teams to align processes and procedures as to how the organizations execute work and how each ensures alignment with company requirements, industry regulations and best practices.
· Spearhead the development of the Quality Management System for the company.
· Champion a single harmonized quality management approach across the enterprise. Ensure consistency in implementation of standardized processes, CAPAs, and inspection responses.
· Raise the expertise in the company through a program of training, skill enhancement, qualifications, quality certifications and role requirements.
· Develop key relationships in utility industry and promote continuous benchmarking for best practices and increasing maturity in managing quality.
· Foster the use of technology in the quality community that supports efficient reporting, effective process management, data analysis, operational controls testing and information sharing. Promote and enable the quality professionals to use enterprise platforms such as RSA Archer and Oracle suite of support applications.
· Develop and plan workshops, conferences, trainings and other events that address and evaluate current company trends and quality community needs.
· Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Sciences or related field of study And 8 years relevant work experience
· Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Sciences or related field of study
Required Work Experience
· Demonstrated advanced knowledge in the field of quality management. Required
· Supervising/managing personnel in daily operations of regulatory compliance, auditing, governance or quality assurance. Required
· Managing a Center of Excellence in quality or related field. Required
· Internal or external consulting in process improvement across an enterprise. Required
· Developing or improving company standards of operation for efficiency and effectiveness. Required
· Competency in managing all aspects of project cost controls and budgeting. Required
· Using data analytics and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, SAS, Qlik or related). Preferred
· Using and/or implementing GRC tools, i.e. RSA Archer Pref
Skills & Ability
· Articulate and responsive to colleagues And
· Effective conflict management skills And
· Excellent collaboration and team building skills And
· Builds and manages effective teams And
· Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
· Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion And
· Demonstrated problem solving skills And
· Experience in a regulated environment And
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
· Driver’s License Required
· Other: Quality Management Certification(s) Upon Hire Required Or
· Other: Quality Mangaement Credential(s) Upon Hire Required
Other Physical Demands
· Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
· Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement · For technical issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Interested in applying to this position, click on the below link and apply on-line: http://careers.coned.com/jobs/5089515-section-manager
· Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
· Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.