Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Based in New York, the SVP Compliance Officer reports to the Head of Program Management for the Ethics Office and ultimately to the Citi Chief Ethics Officer within Global Compliance.
This position will be responsible for preparing Citi Ethics Office materials and reporting for consumption by internal and external stakeholders, such as committees of the Board of Directors, senior management, auditors, and regulators.
- Development/refinement of key Ethics Office reporting;
- Reporting on matters referred to the Ethics Office;
- Preparing charts and other analyses highlighting trends, correlations, and key issues;
- Preparing overviews of Ethics Office Program and initiatives, including the Ethics Office's employee engagement initiatives;
- Providing recommendations and proposals for enhancing Ethics Office reporting and presentations;
- Coordinating with internal stakeholders to create produce consistent standardized reporting that can be aggregated with other relevant reporting as appropriate.
The successful candidate must be able to clearly articulate and depict processes, procedures, trends, and issues through various types of reports and presentations, and conduct analyses of qualitative and quantitative data. Must also be able to develop relationships with senior compliance and business stakeholders and subject matter experts to respond to requests for metrics and participate in discussions with regard to the identification, design, and development of relevant metrics and reports.
We are seeking a qualified lawyer with a minimum of 5 years of litigation, compliance, internal investigations, or regulatory experience. Familiarity with the financial services industry and products and familiarity with a global, corporate environment highly preferred. The successful candidate will have outstanding writing and analytical skills, sound judgment, discretion, and an understanding of business processes.
- Must be proficient with PowerPoint and Excel;
- Highly organized;
- Ability to multi-task under time pressure;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral);
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data and create reports;
- Discretion and ability to protect confidential information;
- Respond quickly and appropriately to internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility and trust throughout organization;
- Recognize risks and apply sound judgment.