The Fair Lending Compliance Director (‘Director’) is a member of the Loan Acquisition and Servicing Compliance Team and responsible for Freddie Mac’s Fair Lending Compliance Program and for providing superior regulatory support and guidance to the Single Family and Multifamily businesses. The Director provides expertise and guidance on fair lending risk management, assesses fair lending risks, evaluates the effectiveness of fair lending controls, and designs and executes a fair lending compliance training and awareness program.
The Director will also provide support in other areas of consumer protection compliance.
- Work closely with the Legal Department to update the corporate Fair Lending Policy, develop Fair Lending Standards, and execute the Fair Lending Compliance Program.
- Review and, as appropriate, challenge the assessments of fair lending risks and controls by the business lines.
- Assess fair lending statistical analysis performed by the business and determine if that analysis demonstrates that fair lending risk is within acceptable levels.
- Evaluate actions taken by the business lines to address remediation of fair lending compliance issues.
- Monitor fair lending risk indicators, evaluate emerging fair lending risks, and advise business lines on the appropriate response, as needed.
- Develop and provide fair lending training to meet individual business unit and corporate needs.
- Develop reporting to Management and the Board of Directors on fair lending risk, issues and remediation.
- Assess fair lending impacts of business and system changes.
- Provide assistance, as needed, in other areas of consumer protection compliance including Truth In Lending Act (TILA); Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act (SCRA); Unfair, Deceptive, Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP); and others.
Successful candidates must be detail oriented and possess the following Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Recognized compliance certification or equivalent a plus.
- Required: 5-7 plus years’ experience in fair lending.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in Fair Lending laws, examination standards, supervisory expectations, and industry best practices.
- Strong analytical skills and good understanding of fair lending quantitative analysis and methods.
- Experience with risk-based fair lending programs within a three-lines-of-defense risk management framework.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.