Online applications must be received by Friday, August 25, 2017.
College, Office of Compliance, Risk and Ethics, has need for a
full-time, Internal Audit and Advisory Services Director, position
number S13015. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am –
Job Summary: Reporting directly to
the Chief of Compliance, Risk and Ethics Officer, the incumbent in this
position will manage the College’s internal audit function. The person
in this position will be charged with assessing strategic, financial,
operational, information-technology and management risks. The incumbent
will also assess the design and operating effectiveness of related
internal controls and mitigation strategies. Additionally, the Internal
Audit and Advisory Services Director will have access to and the
responsibility to manage the services of internal auditor consultants.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
and conduct internal audits, advisory services and reviews in
compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) and the
goal of following Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Act as a liaison and relationship manager between Internal Audit and Advisory Services and College partners and senior leaders.
awareness of the internal audit and advisory services function among
College units. Communicate the audit process to the College area being
- Create and execute flexible and multiple year
internal audit plan that focuses on high-risk areas developed in
coordination with the results of an enterprise risk assessment.
and prepare presentations for the Chief Compliance, Risk and Ethics
Officer, and Senior College Leadership on high-risk findings, higher
education industry risks and opportunities to improve business
- Evaluate the adequacy of management’s response
for corrective action to ensure responses are accurate, comprehensive
and reflect the position of the College.
- Conduct one-off
audit activities and document results of audit work in accordance with
standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the
Code of Ethics adopted by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
reported incidents of fraud or financial irregularities through the
College confidential reporting line or from other sources.
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting or related field.
years of experience in internal auditing, public accounting or related
financial position. Experience should demonstrate knowledge of internal
auditing standards, principles, skills, methodologies, and techniques.
with managing projects, team productivity and consulting services;
Governmental auditing; accounting; internal audit services, and
management advisory or consulting services.
- Experience with fraud investigations.
- Communication skills to articulate complex technical matters to various levels of leadership.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent.
- Experience with regulatory compliance and ethical matters with regard to higher education risk.
- Good working knowledge of internal control conceptual frameworks such as COSO and COBIT.
- Audit experience within an institution of higher education.
applications must be received by Friday, August 25, 2017.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit
information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a
specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application
will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.