Join Our Team
Like the work that we do? You’ll love working with us.
ECI is growing, with new research, events, products and services underway. Ours is a workplace culture that encourages teamwork, open and constructive communication, and innovative thinking. We are seek individuals who share our passion for our mission to join the ECI team.
Dedicated to our Members
ECI is proud to be a membership community of individuals and organizations that are committed to building and sustaining high-quality ethics & compliance programs. Our members are our inspiration and the primary focus for all of our activities.
A Values-Based Organization
We support our members and stakeholders by living our core values:
- Honesty – we are forthcoming, trustworthy, and truthful when we interact with others and ourselves.
- Integrity – we align what we say and what we do, and we embody our core values in our work.
- Respect – we treat others with dignity and mutual consideration internally and externally.
- Excellence – we pursue exceptional quality in the products, services and thought leadership that we provide.
Committed to Diversity and Inclusion
ECI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
View our open positions below, for more information or to apply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Job Title: Senior Accountant (Part-Time)
Strategic Area: Finance and Accounting
Reports to: Director of Finance
The Ethics & Compliance Initiative (ECI) is a non-profit organization that empowers its members across the globe to build and sustain high quality ethics & compliance programs.
With a history dating back to 1922, ECI brings together ethics & compliance professionals, academics and other thought leaders from all over the world to compare best practices and to share resources in order to strengthen their efforts to promote integrity in their organizations.
ECI is the leading provider of independent research about workplace integrity in public and private institutions. Our research includes the long-standing Global Business Ethics Survey® (GBES®), which is widely recognized as the global benchmark on ethical conduct.
ECI has created the definitive industry standard for the assessment of ethics and compliance program quality and maturity. Members of our community access our High Quality Ethics & Compliance Program (HQP™) tool and benchmark results with their peers. Our Advisory Services team helps organizations and independent monitors assess the strength of organizational cultures and E&C program effectiveness.
ECI provides our members with a full calendar of educational programming, networking and idea exchange opportunities and professional certification services. Ours is a vibrant and active community of professionals that shares knowledge, encourages thoughtful innovation and explores new ideas to help organizations and individuals stay abreast of new developments and best practices.
The Senior Accountant position is a part-time position ideally working 3 days per week for the first two weeks of the month and 2 days a week for the last two weeks of the month. The Senior Accountant is responsible for a wide variety of duties including cash receipts, accounts payable, general ledger accounting, month end reconciliations and financial statement preparation. ECI is comprised of two related organizations: Ethics Resource Center and Ethics & Compliance Association. Separate accounting records are maintained for both organizations. This position requires excellent attention to detail as well as organizational skills.
Responsibilities include for both organizations:
- Accounts Payable
- Manage all accounts payable through Bill.com including ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved, entering transactions, and supporting the execution of payments.
- Manage the reconciliation of the corporate credit cards including disbursement of monthly statements to staff, ensuring costs are appropriately documented and approved in Tallie on a timely basis.
- Manage Tallie expense reporting software for expense reports and credit card reconciliations.
- Manage W-9s for all vendors in Bill.com
- Manage agreements and contracts for all vendor in Bill.com
- Prepare weekly AP reports for Director of Finance.
- Cash Receipts
- Manage the cash receipts process by depositing checks into the respective bank accounts, entering transactions into the accounting system or providing to the Systems and Revenue Manager for entry into the database, and properly maintaining and filing.
- Support staff with questions regarding cash receipts.
- Cash Flow
- Assist the Director of Finance with the weekly cash flow report.
- Prepare a weekly reconciliation of the bank accounts.
- Month End Reconciliations, Close, and Financial Statement Preparation
- Manage accounting schedules and prepare month end closing entries including but not limited to cash, due to/from, employee receivables, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, AP, accrued payroll and vacation, deferred rent and revenue, lease liabilities, and allocation of salaries and overhead costs.
- Ensure that all reconciliations are completed in a timely manner each month.
- Prepare the first draft of the consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements by department and project.
- Maintain network and paper filing systems for accounting.
- Prepare and process 1099s and Form 1096.
- Support the annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate or BS degree in accounting preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of related accounting experience.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process.
- Microsoft Office suite including but not limited to strong Excel skills including pivot tables and Vlookup
- Proficiency with accounting software; Sage 50 (Peachtree) knowledge a plus.
- Proficiency with Bill.com and Tallie expense reporting a plus.
- Above average organization skills and detailed oriented.
- Strong planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor and customer-service attitude.
- Strong math skills, time management, and problem solving.
- Must be motivated self-starter who needs minimal supervision.
- Ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality for all financial matters.
- Good written, verbal and listening skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the ECI’s mission
ECI is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.