United Launch Alliance is seeking an experienced Ethics and Compliance Specialists for our manufacturing facility located in Decatur Alabama! Become a part of our team dedicated to fostering an ethical, values-based culture while transforming the future of space launch.
Ethics and Compliance Specialist (Ethics Officer) responsibilities:
• Coaches and educates employees, business partners and leaders to ensure consistent application of the company’s Ethics and Business Conduct policy and Code of Conduct.
• Promotes an ethical “values-based culture.”
• Manages and investigates employee concerns and allegations of misconduct (constitutes a major portion of Ethics Officer responsibilities).
• Develops enterprise communications and ethics and compliance training material.
• Monitors the effectiveness of the company’s compliance management processes and oversees the compliance risk management process.
• Performs analysis related to ethical and compliance performance trends and conducting root cause analysis to identify and mitigate business risks.
• Performs case administration system documentation and administration tasks.
• Develops processes and procedures for conducting business in accordance with the company’s ethical standards and in full compliance with applicable law, regulations, all internal policies and the Code of Conduct.
• Coordinates and collaborates with Legal Counsel, Human Resources, Security and Internal Audit
• Maintains healthy business relationships with external regulatory entities.
• Contributes to the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the Ethics and Compliance organization.
• Participates in the development of organizational policies for the enterprise.
• Represents the Ethics organization as a prime contact on projects
• Advises management on major matters pertaining to the organization’s policies, plans, and objectives
The Ethics Officer reports to the Director of Ethics and Compliance.
• Bachelors Degree, or 4 years of directly related experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• 6 years experience in counseling, human resources, legal, management, or policy governance role.
• Experience conducting workplace investigations and writing effective investigations reports.
• 10% travel required.
• Bachelors Degree in social sciences related field (e.g. Human Resource, Psychology, Sociology, etc.)
• Masters Degree
• 10 years combined experience in counseling, human resources, legal, management, or policy governance role.
• Experience in labor relations and working with a union represented workforce.
• Experience working in Aerospace and/or DoD environment.
• Familiar with Federal Sentencing Guidelines For Organizations and Defense Industry Initiative (DII) Best Practices.
The ideal candidate possesses these attributes:
• Demonstrated ability to establish/maintain an atmosphere of trust with employees at all levels of the organization, customers, external vendors, and business partners.
• Ability to influence and challenge colleagues, partners and customers while maintaining a collaborative, trust-based environment.
• Ability to maintain objectivity, professional distance and confidentiality/discretion.
• Ability to work with employees in emotionally charged situations.
• Experience independently developing solutions to a variety of complex problems requiring interpretation of policy.
• Experience managing several matters simultaneously, maintaining an attention for detail.
• Experience assessing risks associated with corporate policy compliance.
• Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations to management.
• Ability to use effective two-way communication in written, graphic and verbal capacities.
• Ability to influence and foster a “values-based culture” focused on the creation of business value.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.