Carol R. Marshall Award for Innovation in Corporate Ethics
In January 2010, ECI established an award to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of a business executive in the ethics and compliance field. The award is funded by the Northrop Grumman Corporation and honors the late Carol R. Marshall, ERC’s former Fellows Program chair and member of the ERC board of directors. Marshall was known for her innovative approach to implementing an ethics and compliance program and for many hours of dedicated service to nonprofit organizations in the industry. ECI wishes to commemorate her accomplishments by recognizing the achievements of those who follow in her footsteps.
The Marshall Award is given annually to an individual who:
- Serves (or who has served) as Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer or the equivalent in a business or government organization and is currently employed within that organization.
- Demonstrates (or has demonstrated) innovation in:
- Establishing an ethics and compliance program;
- Building on an existing program; and/or
- Advancing the ethics and compliance field.
- Provides a role model for emerging leaders in ethics and compliance.
- 2018 – Melissa Stapleton Barnes, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Eli Lilly and Company
- 2017 – Carrie Penman, Chief Compliance Officer and SVP Advisory Services, NAVEX Global
- 2016 – Raphael Richmond, Global Director of Compliance, Ford Motor Company
- 2015 – Emmanuel Lulin, Senior Vice-President & Chief Ethics Officer, L’Oréal
- 2014 – Nancy Higgins, Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Bechtel
- 2013 – John Lenzi, Vice President, Corporate Responsibility and Chief Ethics Officer, ITT Corporation
- 2012 – Kathleen Edmond, Chief Ethics Officer, Best Buy
- 2011 – Patricia Ellis, Vice President, Business Ethics & Compliance, Raytheon Company